If another antivirus by their strange or repetitive names does not transmit security, perhaps a new option is Microsoft Security Essentials. It is a security package created obviously by Microsoft, which means that you will have more technical support available.
Unlike other content offered by Microsoft, this set of utilities is completely free, including regular updates.
The interface is very colorful, with the essential tools in sight. First of all, you have the real-time analysis engine like another antivirus. In addition, the event history is available, that is, the scans you have made as well as the latest updates that you downloaded.
It also allows you, in a separate tab, to schedule tasks such as checks or cleaning and finally, you will have at hand the quarantine folder for those files that can not be cleaned.
What can also give you an advantage to be your antivirus alternative is that it is very light thanks to the fact that it integrates with the Windows tools, such as the Firewall that already comes from the drawer with all the PCs.
If you have Windows Defender installed, when you add Microsoft Security Essentials, the first one will be uninstalled. Let’s say then that it is a substitute or the new security version for Windows.
- Provides security that is resident viruses, spyware, and other spyware
- Virus definitions are updated immediately and regularly
- Small download size
- Quick and incredibly simple to install
- Will not attempt to set up pc software that is unrelated
- Works together with Windows 7 and Vista (Windows Defender is integral to Windows 10/8)
- Microsoft protection Essentials can be installed on Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Microsoft protection Essentials includes engines that are fully functional guard against viruses and other forms of malware
- Consists of an extremely easy to make use of a scanner that is on-demand manual spyware checks
- Files, locations, file types, and processes can all be excluded from scans
- A simple indicator that is green/red it quite simple to see if you’re protected
- Microsoft protection Essentials regularly updates to keep its malware knowledge current
- Archives and removable drives can be set to be scanned in a scan that is full